Friday, December 10, 2004

Tuesday July 4



Today is Independence Day in America but I'm not in America. I'm in Switzerland. I woke up today at 8:20 ate breakfast read my book and went to Einsiedeln with my Uncle Paul. We saw of of the most famous monasteries in the world. We saw monks. After that we ate there in Einsiedeln. Uncle Paul asked us what we want as a go away present tomorrow last time he gave us each 50 francs which was $17 back then but today 50 francs is worth 25. Were going shopping in Zurich and then going back to Dornach. After eating lunch we drove back then and Mom and I tried to look for the Herald Tribune but couldn't find it. Going back to the house I read my book. I finished it. It was a good book. After that I goofed around and then ate. I took a good photograph. I then played with David and Kati we played Monkey in the Middle. I wasn't in the middle too long because I blocked their passes. After that I goofed around upstairs. I went to bed at 8:30

Wednesday July 5, 1978

Dornach
Even though I slept 11 hours I had to be woken up by Dad at 8:00. I was also tired. I eat breakfast and packed at 8:30. After breakfast generous Uncle Paul gave us 50 francs. Which is worth 25. He probably will give us even more. Then he drove us to the train station. Where we said good bye. When we go into Zurich at 9:45. We shopped around. We went to Globus, Franz Carl Weber, Jemoli and other places. We spent an hour in Jemoli because it took a long time to find the right switch connectors. We eat lunch in a place called the Lowenbrau. This is the forth straight time I've eaten out for lunch. I have ate a lot in Switzeland. When we finished shopping in Zurich we found ought we had bought a lot of stuff. I have about 80 francs. About $40. We left for Basel at 5:05 we had no trouble finding room on the train. We got to Basel at 6:05 and then boarded the train to Dornach. When we got in Dornach diiner was ready. I didn't eat much because I wasn't hungry. I then took a bath goofed around. I wrote a postcard to Joe and then went to bed.

Thursday July 6, 1978



Today I woke up at 7:45 I ate 3 gifelies. After that I went upstairs and goofed around. I put Snowtzers on Andrew's head. He was still sleeping. It has been cold while we have been here. The temperature has been in the fiftys compared to two years ago when it was in the 90's. I then went with Dad to get twenty stamps and airmail labels to put on 20 postcards. We also got a the Herald Tribune. When we got back we ate. In Switzerland you have a big lunch and a small dinner and breakfast. But I eat a big breakfast and dinner and a small lunch. After lunch I started reading a new book called "Love Bug". Andrew, Dad and Mom left for Basel while I took a nap. I woke up from my nap at 4:15. I then goofed around until 6:30 when everyone came home and then we ate. Andrew got a Swiss Monopoly. He calls it a Conversation Piece. We then played Monopoly it was a lot different because the pieces are higher. Of course he won the game for the 8th straight time. I went to be at 10:00

Friday July 7, 1978



I woke up today at 7:30 and goofed around. I ate breakfast at 8:30. I ate four gipfelis. I then took a picture of my Teddy Bears all stacked up. I took a solo photo of Glob and both time the flash cube worked. I then went with Dad to the film store to get my film developed. We then went to the post office and train station. Wen then went back home. I then played Monopoly with Andrew he was winning when we ate lunch. We then continued the game and of course I lost. I then played soccer with my Teddy Bears and played another game of Monopoly. I had a Monopoly and he had none so eventually I won the game. I then hiked around Dornach with Mom and Dad and got back here just before it started to rain. I then watched the tennis game on T.V. after that I ate. Andrew again played me in Monopoly. My grandmother was worried because she thinks that coke has cocaine in it and she says I will be a drug addict. Andrew and I started the game and then I went to the school soccer field with Dad and played. It was fun. I did some good saves even though it hurt because it was cold. I then went to take a nice warm bath. After that I continued the game we didn't finish. I went to bed at 9:45.


No comments: