Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Tuesday July 18, 1978



Today I woke up at 7:40. I goofed around until Dad got up at 8:00. We then went to get bread. There were no gifelies left. We saw some fireworks. I can hardly wait until Swiss Independence Day. We then came back and ate breakfast. I'm now reading Blackbeards Ghost. After breakfast I read. We then went on a hike to a glacier. It was spectacular. I took a lot of pictures. We then hiked up above a Gorge. It was a nice view going across the bridge. We then got back to Grindelwald about 12:30. We got the Herald Tribune and some postcards. I went back by myself. It's a very hard climb back with the ascent. No matter how you are. You feel like sleeping when you are going up. When I got back I ate. I then played Monopoly with Andrew and Dad. Dad creamed us. I only had 5 properties. But Andrew came in last like he has in the past 3 out of four games. Dad once was in last place. I then read and rested. Then I played a racing game on the Monopoly board. It eventually got boring. I then ate. After eating I set up the Monopoly game while Andrew and Dad were washing dishes. I then beat Andrew and Dad again. Andrew hasn't won yet. Dad came in last. In Grindelwald there are a lot of Japanese people. I saw a Japanese lady writing in Japanese at the train station. You also see a lot of Japanese grafitti and people up at Jungfraujoch. In the Monopoly games Andrew against me. I am 5-3, he's 3-5. Between Dad and Andrew and me, I'm 3-2, Andrew 0-5 and Dad 2-3. Overall I'm 8-5, Andrew's 3-10 and Dad's 2-3. I then read. I went to bed at 9:35.

No comments: