Sunday, December 05, 2004

Editor's note: A gipfeli is a Swiss croissant. Unlike the croissants you get in France or the USA the gipfeli ("little summit") has less butter and is drier and crunchier. One adds the butter on top of the gipfeli to taste. I find them much more to my liking than the croissants you get here and on my last visit to my Aunt's house this past summer I had 5 in one sitting.

Sunday July 2, 1978



Today I woke up at 7:00. I then read my book. I'm on page 93 of the book I then ate breakfast 8:45. After that I played solitaire and read. I then went to church. My Uncle's church for the youth service. After that I went to the house and went swimming at the indoor pool in Wadenswil. I enjoyed the pool there. There were 3 pools. The first was a small one. It was for little kids. The next pool was high enough for me to stand in but was higher than the little pool. The next pool was gigantic I couldn't stand up at all. After swimming we went to eat after that we took the train to Richterswil. We then saw the movie "Herbie goes to Monte Carlo". It was in German but I understood it. After the movie we went home. I then hiked around Richterswil. I took a photo of a train. We then went to my Uncle's church and goofed around there. We also tried to get to the bell tower. But we couldn't open the doon. I got a headache from all the noise of the bells. I then played with my cousin Martin. We were on the porch so we didn't want to lose the ball. Just before we ate he threw the ball hit the fence and bounced back on to the porch. After dinner we played again this time we lost both balls but we found them again. After that I went downstairs and read. After that I went upstairs had citro and went to bed at 9:30

Monday July 3



Today I woke up at 8:30. I then ate breakfast. After breakfast Uncle Paul drove us to Appenzell. My ancestors come from Appenzell. Went went around the farm towns in Appenzell. We then went to Reute where my ancestors come from. I'm actually a citizen of Reute. We then went out to lunch with a lady who knew English. We went to a restaraunt in Stien where they make cheese. After that we went to the lady's home. We looked at the cows, pigs and calfs. After that we drove back to Richterswil. After that I went home and read my book. I'm almost half-way through it. Then we ate dinner. When we finished dinnerI went outside on the porch with David and Mom we played monkey in the middle. It was fun I blocked their passes and the ball almost went off the porch several times. At 8:00 David had to go to bed so I went downstairs and played solitaire and lost. I've played 75 games and lost all of them. While my brother has played 10 and won 3. I read my book at 8:30. After that I went outside and talked with Mom. I went to bed at 10:00.

No comments: