Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Tuesday July 11, 1978



Today I woke up at 8:00. I ate breakfast. I ate a lot of bread. French bread is the best. We then took the subway to Massy Paliseau and took the train to Versailles. When we got to Versailles we hiked to the Palace. There were crowds and crowds of people. The cheap French of course had a stupid admission fee. Those Rats . We saw King Louis rooms and the painting collection. It was a very interesting place. My camera still doesn't work. We then went outside to the garden. It was big and beautiful. We had a small lunch and then we went to 2 smaller palaces. The first one was worth it the second one stunk mainly because it was being restored. We then saw the Queen's village. It was very pretty. I took a picture of a house with Dad's camera and he says he may give it to me. We then went to the store which has 40 cent wine. That's cheaper than soda pop. I laughed to death. Andrew says its cheaper than Boones Farm. We then took the train to Massey -Paliseau. We then took the subway back to Paliseau - Villebon. We got home. I goofed around went to the store with Andrew and didn't buy anything. We got back and ate. After that I started to read a book. Its name is "Leap into Danger." I then took a nice warm refreshing bath. The water knobs in France are weird. I went to bed at 9:33

Wednesday July 12, 1978



Today I woke up at 8:00. I then went to eat. I then read my book. We then went to Paris. We got out at Les Halles. We then walked in a garden when we reached the Obelisque. The Arch De Triumphe looks real closeto you but it's way far away. I call it an optical illusion. Wen then went to the Musee de Peapos. All it had was paintings. We then got the bus to the Arch de Triumphe. My camera, it still didn't work. It worked yesterday night though. We then hiked to the Eiffel tower. We then walked to the first stage. It only costed 60 cents each. We then saw Paris. It looked beautiful from there. We then went back down and went to the Army Museum. We saw Napoleons tomb. We went to one floor where we saw relief maps. It was neat. The maps were of where historic battles took place. We then took the subway from Latour-Mauborg to Strasbourg Saint-Denis where we took the the Metro to Les Halles. We then took the subway to Paliseau Villebon. We then got back. I read an article in the Herald Tribune about 180 people being killed in Spain because an oil tanker crashed. I'm concerned because my Uncle Teddy was in a campsite in Spain. I don't think he was in that campsite but maybe. We then went to a restaraunt in Paliseau. They had the best hamburger you ever tasted. We then went back to the apartment where I goofed around and went to bed at 9:15.





No comments: