Wednesday, December 22, 2004

Monday July 24, 1978



Today I woke up at 7:00 at breakfast when we decided to go to the Schilthorn. We went down to the Train Station and took the train down to Zweiluetschinen and then got on another jam packed train to Lauterbrunnen. Then from Lauterbrunnen we took a very steep Bergbahn to Grutschalp. We then took a train from Grutschalp to Murren. We then took a Luftseilbahn up to Birg. Then we changed and went on another Luftseilbahn. We finally got to the Schilthorn at 9:15. The Schilthorn 9,748 ft above sea level the place of the "James Bond Movie Her Majesty's Secret Service." The weather up there was not as good as it was at Jungfraujoch. But everyplace else was clear. I took a lot of photos. I don't think it's as good as Jungfraujoch. Maybe its warmer and more comfortable at Schilthorn. It's not as spectacular. The feeling of being up at 11,333 feet is great. When I compare both views from each one they are about the same. We then got down to Murren where we looked at the Alps and ate. The Alps were beautiful down in Murren. It's better than Grindelwald. We then went to Lauterbrunnen where we looked at the falls. We got back to Zweilutschinen and got back to Grindelwald. I then goofed around until we ate at 5:30. After that I played Monopoly with Andrew and Dad and I lost again! The standings are Dad 6-4, Me 8-14, Andrew 8-14. That's my 9th straight loss. Darn it! I went to bed at 9:15.

Tuesday July 25, 1978



Today I woke up at 8:00. I went to get bread and then I ate. We then goofed around until 9:30 when we went down to the train to Interlaken. When we finally got down to Interlaken we met Grossmutter and Grossvater and David and Kathi. They came here at 10:45. We then ate in Interlaken. We then hiked around Interlaken. We went to an ice cream shop. After that we went down to the train station at 1:00 and took a ship down lake Thun. It was a nice 2 hour ride to Thun. We got there by 4:00. We then went to get something to drink in Thun. We then took a train back to Interlaken Ost. We waved good bye. We got back to Grindelwald, we got back to Grindelwald. We got up to the apartment at 6:00. We then ate at 6:30. I then goofed around and then washed the dishes. I then took a bath at 8:00. After I finished my bath I goofed around and looked at the Hiking map. I goofed around and went to bed at 9:38.

Wednesday July 26, 1978



A month ago we were on the plane to Zurich. I woke up at 7:30 today and got bread with Dad. Mom and Andrew were still asleep when we ate breakfast. We then went down to the Firstbahn where the line there was a mile long. We finally got on the Firstbahn. We went through the stations Oberhaus, Bort, Egg. We hiked to First to Bachalpsee. In pictures of the place it has 100% water. When we were there it was about all ice. We then to a difficult hike. Coming down on one place was very dangerous the descent was steep and had a lot of slippery gravel. But we made it. It was even worse than the hike to Stieregg on Thursday July 20. We then went down through Allenfluh and went back to Grindelwald. Dad and I then went downtown. I got some colored matches and some film. I'm really spending a lot of money on photography. I then went up and goofed around until I ate at about 5:30. I then goofed around and set up the Monopoly game while Andrew and Dad washed the dishes. I won at last! Ending a nine game losing streak. I'm now confident of winning seeing that I have won for the first time since Monday the 17th. Dad and I plan to go to Kleine Schidegg by foot tomorrow or Friday. I went to bed at 8:30.

Thursday July 27, 1978



Today I woke up at 7:30 and got six gipfelis. I then ate. We then went on a rough hike across the face of the Eiger. The path had stairs and ladders but that was no problem. It was a beautiful hike. There were hardly any people on the path. We could have made it Alpigen in an hour and a half but we had to wait for slow mother. We drank some water from the glacier it was delicous. It really wasn't a hard hike but it looks like one. The beginning of the hike is hard and rough but after that it's easy as pie. When we got to down to Alpigen at 1:30 we went down to Grindelwald. We got down there by 2:30. We then wen to the Co-Op to get ice cream and Citro. We then went to the Sport Center and gome some posters. Their pretty cheap for 3 francs. Andrew got one of the Eiger. I got 2. One of the Schilthorn and one of the Jungfraujoch. I'm really spending money. I use to have 80 francs and now I have 50. I then went back up. I was really sweating. It's hot as anything. I then drunk Citro and took a nice nap. I got up at 5:15 when I ate. My legs and shoulders have been stiff all day. I then washed dished with Dad. I broke one glass. I then played Monopoly with Andrew and Dad. Andrew won again. Dad is now on Dad's third straight loss. I took a nice warm bath but my legs and shoulders are still stiff. I went to bed at 9:15.

No comments: