Sunday, October 24, 2004

More Neighborhood eXcitement

On Friday as I was going to work I saw about 5 men in Stuey's old house next door. I'm not sure what they were doing but they all looked like contractor types. Today, I saw a man cutting the grass next door with a riding lawnmower. I can barely contain my excitement. I'm just curious about who our new neighbors will be. Also on Thursday afternoon I saw a man wearing a suit step in the house carrying a briefcase. He looked like he might be an appraiser. I'm unable to make any connection between him and the 5 guys I saw there Friday morning.

Last night there was a party at the house across the way from Stuey's house. There were about 15 cars parked on the street and at one point someone stepped outside and put on a juggling show with flourescent lanterns. I observed the whole show from my kitchen window. It was well done, accompanied by booming music.

Currently Jacksonville Jaguars are playing against the Indianapolis Colts at the Dome. The Jags keep getting the ball down to the red zone but are unable to punch it in for 6. This just in, a Jacksonville field goal has given them a 16-14 lead with about 14 minutes left in the 4th quarter.

Again, I've managed to spend another weekend putting off yard work. As I like to say, I'll get to it "at some point".



No comments: