Saturday, October 09, 2004

Where is Stuey-Lee

I had a next door neighbor over the past four years who I hardly ever spoke to. He has apparently left his home without biding me farewell. He went by the name of "Stuey".

I noticed a moving truck in front of my neighbor's house earlier this week. I thought that he had a roomate moving in or out. On Thursday I noticed an awful lot of stuff brought out for the garbage. I still wasn't sure what was going on.

Today I saw a pickup truck with a dome for a flashing light on top, nothing too official just something similar to what you would see on highway department maintenance vehicle. I saw a guy leaving the house with a few garbage bags full of stuff. I walked over to him and asked, "Do you know where Stuey went to?"

"I'm just working here, I'm hired to clean out the house, it's my job, I don't know nothing else.", he replied. I walked back over to my house trying to figure out what was going on. There are no "For Sale" or "For Rent" signs out in front, if he had sold the house to a friend or family member I imagine he wouldn't hire a guy with a semi-official looking pickup truck to clean up. I wonder if he was foreclosed out of the property. I wouldn't think so but I don't know what else to speculate.

Later this afternoon, after the truck was gone I walked back to the house. I saw a small green and white sign in the front window. It said, "This house has been officially winterized: 10/10/2004." Below the text was a signature presumably of the man I had spoken to earlier today. The front door has a relator's combination lock on it. Perhaps at some point the home will be put on the market.

I never knew my neighbor very well. I talked to a roomate of his a few years ago and once this past summer when I was playing ball with Rex I kicked it over my privacy fence and it went into his yard. I went over there to retrieve it and spoke with him briefly. I never heard much from him except when he and his friends were revving up their motorcycles which they were known for doing at all hours of the night.

Across the street from him, I saw another neighbor moving out. There was a "for sale" sign in the yard about a month ago and I assume the house has sold and she is moving on. I think she just moved in last year. Who knows? Just another neighbor I don't know much about.

I did call Brian Boak who lives down the street from me on Thursday. I invited him to go to the Colts game with me but his mother is visiting from Atlanta on Sunday and they are celebrating her birthday.

I got in touch with Brant and we are going to the Colts game on Sunday. I hope they win as the Colts are my pick for the survival league this week.




No comments: