Wednesday, October 06, 2004

Rex released today from CCI

I've just given my blog a new template. It looks pretty cool, perhaps it shall motivate me to write more. Does anyone read this thing? It's been months since I 've seen a comment on it.

Rex was released from Canine Companions for Independence today. He has been in advanced training for about 6 weeks but has been a bit difficult. Rex is a real high-energy dog and we doubted he would pass, still there was hope that he would have made it through the 6 months of Advanced Training and been placed with a handicapped person. Mary is going to Columbus on Sunday to pick him up and take him home. We hope to adopt him out to a family that would like a very nice active dog.

I was watching TV monday night and the "American Experience" had a show on about Robert Kennedy. I only saw the last 10 mintues and it was painful to watch knowing how everything was going to end. The footage from the funeral train was really moving. I got the vibe as a train as a metaphor for life, passing by in a linear fashion a glimpse here and glipse there, onward to the next town.

I ripped most of my "Schau ins Land" CDs into my iTunes so now I can listen to German news and culture without having to find my CD wallet.

At the end they showed the funeral and read from the quote that is on his tombstone.

"He who learns must suffer. In our sleep, pain which cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart until, in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom through the awful grace of God"

Aeschylus


No comments: