Monday, May 10, 2004

Monday morning almost 8 am

I had it all figured out last night. Arise at 6 am make a cup of tea, drink tea while watching C-Span, head downstairs meditate then take the dog for a long walk.
Contrary to these plans I arose at 7 to the sound of the "lawnmower man" cutting the neighbors yard across the street. Throughout the spring and summer months he'll show up every Monday morning with his riding lawnmower to cut grass. It's an indication of the start of spring the first Monday he shows up in April.

Yesterday we had a visitor from out of town. We went down to the canal walk, as we're heading down Meridian St, we get to 34th street and I pointed out Shortridge Middle School, Kurt Vonnegut's high school. Whenever I pass that building with someone from out of town, I'll point that out. It's been years since I've read any of his books but its one of those "Indy fun facts" that I never fail to mention.

No comments: