Tuesday, May 11, 2004

I was at work today listening to some Led Zeppelin songs. I had the sudden urge to play Risk, Monopoly or some other Milton Brothers board game. I remember growing up and my older brother and his friends would always play these board games and listen to Led Zeppelin on the record player. "Houses of the Holy" was an all time favorite and I can remember many times attacking Kamatchka or Irustuk while listening to the "Rain Song". I was only 10 or 11 at the time and didn't really like Led Zeppelin. These gaming sessions did pay off because when I entered the 8th grade four years later at a new school and hardly knew anyone I fell in with a crowd who were Zep fans. My familiarity with the tunes paid off as it helped me win some new friends and by this time I actually liked the music. It's just like classical, an aquired taste.
For some reason I referred to "Dazed & Confused" as "the Truck Driving song". Perhaps because it went on for so long that I found it had some relation to driving a truck cross country. Kids say the darndest things.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what is risk?