Friday, May 28, 2004

friday night 10pm.

I have not blogged for a while. We got back from vacation in Arizona on Monday night. After a long trip we pulled into the driveway and discovered that the garage door would not open. As I entered the house through the front door I discovered that the power was out. A neighbor left a note informing us that our side of the street had been without power since 11:30 the night before. Last July 4h we endured a 36 hour outage. I'm not sure what's going on, I'm 37 and in all the other places I've lived I never remember the power being out longer than 2 hours and now two extensive outages in the last nine months.

Back in the realm of pizza delivery there was an article in the Indianapolis star about a disturbing incident that occured while I was away.

Pizza deliveryman could be charged in death

Apparently someone tried to rob a pizza deliveryman who was armed with a handgun. The assailant's weapon was not loaded but the pizza-man's gun was. The would be robber was fatally shot 10-15 times. The deliveryman was later fired from his job for carrying a firearm which is against Pizza Hut policy. The newspaper article provided one the stranger quotes I've seen in a while. The pizza man when interviewed said:

"I'm a pretty down-to-earth kind of person. With everything that's transpired since 9/11, killing these days almost seems a necessity if it means your life or theirs."

I had no idea there was a connection between delivering pizzas and the War on Terror.



No comments: