Friday, September 16, 2005

oops, I did it again



i mean, i posted it on Indy Scribe

Aristocrat Indianapolis

I've lived within walking distance of the Aristocrat for the past 12 years. It's a nice place.

Often our attachment to these places has to do more with all the experiences we accumulate in them than with the food. If you've come to visit me in Indianapolis then you've probably been to the A'cat (I just made that up).

I remember once when my parents came to visit me in 1994 and we went there. When the server took our order she asked my Dad what side he wanted with his turkey club.

My Dad always suspicious that people we trying to rip him off because of his thick German accent despite having been in the USA since 1954 said he did not want a side order.

My Mom quickly retorted, “Harry, it comes with the sandwich!” I remember staring glumly at my plate as my Dad relented and requested seasoned potato chips with his Turkey Club.

The incident registered such an impression on my Mom she felt compelled to write me about it a week later.

My father has been gone for over 5 years now but whenever I set foot in that place I think of that story.

Aristocrat Indianapolis

I love Soundtracks, I love I-tunes



I enjoy downloading the Soundtracks because it means I won't have to listen to the same artist.

It's a good way to sample a wide variety of music.

some of my favorites;

Almost Famous -- love the 70's tunes, sadly the collection lacks "Freebird"

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind -- especially the Jon Brion tunes he writes music the way my brain thinks

Garden State -- love the music but have not seen the movie.

Lost in Translation -- love the music, love the movie

Sideways -- I enjoyed the movie, music done by the same artist so I get a little bored with it

Thicker than Water -- the music is good, has anyone seen this movie

and just today I downloaded part II of "Six feet under" -- I'm digging it. I've never seen the show but seriously thinking of making my first "Complete season of" genre-purchase.

I used to work in a funeral home.

No comments: