Wednesday, September 14, 2005

ein Zufall? a coincidence



very strange.

I was watching ESPN classic tuesday morning. Normally I would be locked into Washington Journal on C-span but I've gotten pretty burned out on the whole John Roberts things. I just keep hearing that Beatles song "Doctor Robert" from in my head.

I just dug up the lyrics, I think they should play the tune at the start of the hearings....I did change a few things around.


Ring my friend, I said you call John Roberts
Day or night he'll be there any time at all, John Roberts
John Roberts, you're a new and better man
He helps you to understand
He does everything he can, John Roberts

If you're down he'll pick you up, John Roberts
Take a drink from his special cup, John Roberts
John Roberts, he's a man you must believe
Helping everyone in need
No one can succeed like John Roberts

Well, well, well, you're feeling fine
Well, well, well, he'll make you... John Roberts

My friend works for the national health, John Roberts
Don't pay money just to see yourself with John Roberts
John Roberts, you're a new and better man
He helps you to understand
He does everything he can, John Roberts

Well, well, well, you're feeling fine
Well, well, well, he'll make you... John Roberts

Ring my friend, I said you'd call John Roberts
Ring my friend, I said you'd call John Roberts
John Roberts

here's a link about the real Dr Roberts

http://aboutthebeatles.com/song-doctor_robert.html

damn, I really want to hear that song right NOW! and you can't get Beatles songs off the Itunes store because of that bickering over the "Apple" trademark. I prolly have it on CD somewhere but that would involve a major basement reconaissance effort which I'm not up for right now...

anyway back to the ESPN classic

they were replaying a game between Pittsburg and Houston back in 1978 which I'm sure I watched as an 11 year old growing up in Columbus, OH. I always remembered the place kickers because my Dad was always correcting the pronounciation of their names as most of them were European soccer players. Toni Fritsch, an Austrian soccer player was the Houston place kicker and when I saw the old footage I remembered the name immediately. And tonight I was out parsing the Wiki obituaries and Herr Fritsch died of a sudden heart attack yesterday in front of a restaraunt in Vienna.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toni_Fritsch

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toni_Fritsch

No comments: