Saturday, November 27, 2004

The saga continues

Wednesday June 21, 1978



I woke up at 9:00 eat and goofed around. At 10:00 I played Pong with Andrew and beat him 4-2. I really don't do too much in the mornings except read the paper, play the piano or clarinet. I played a game of monopoly with Andrew and Chief I lost mainly because no one would land on my monopoly. I ate and then I went to the church to practice singing for Westminster Terrace. We got there about 1:30 sang and they had refreshments at 2:20. I was goining to go swimming at 3:00 but the the pool was closed, I got home and played kickball at Bobby's. We were having fun they were beating me 15-12 but I had last ups my kicking was superb but my fielding wasn't so hot when Bobby had to eat at 4:30. At 6:00 I came over again and Matt came over at 6:30 so we continued our game. I scored four runs in that inning to lead 16-15 but they wanted to have one more inning so I let them. Matt to lead off the inning hit one to me but I dropped it. Another time Bobby was running from 2 to 3rd and I was right there and I missed him. Mat finally popped out to me to end the inning. They were leading 21-16. I was up I hit two- two run homeruns. To make the score 21-18. I then scored two more runs to make it 21-20. I then made two outs. I got a man to third and with two outs I got a little base hit to score him. Bobby of course had to act like a baby. I went home watched T.V. until 8:00. I didn't do much except play pong with Andrew he finally beat me 4-3! At about ten I starviewed I couldn't see much I'm really getting upset about not finding anything! I went to bed at 11:00.

Thursday June 22, 1978



I woke up at 10:00 and ate about 10:30. I did alot of work outside picking up sticks. At 11:30 I did some other chores like clean my desk and pack for Switzerland and collect the collect the garbadge. I ate lunch at 12:30. I goofed around until about 1:30 when Bobby came over. I was supposed to go swimming but Dad was late as he always is didn't come. We played kickball just hitting and not playing a game first we started kicking left-footed but then we kicked right. Actually we kicked worse then we thought we would. I then went over to Bobby's. We did the same thing except try and try to kick it over the fence. He has a smaller yard so it was alot easier. I hit a couple home runs. But Bobby kept hitting them against the bar and missing by inches. Finally he got 5 home runs but he got them because I dropped the ball. I got home at about 3:30 then I didn't do much until 4:00 when my Dad came to bring me to the church to do work. The work is the most boringest of them all. I had to eat at 5:30 after dinner I watched the news and then I went swimming. I treaded water for 10:00 and did the front float for one second. The reason why it was only one second is becuase I can't get my ears wet.
At 9:00 I got out of the pool and went to work at the church. At 9:15 I went to the Fichters and played with Mark while Dad talked we left at about 10:15 when we got home. Then I watched T.V and went to bed at 11:00.

Friday 23 Cols Ohio



Today I woke up at 9:00 I ate and didn't do much. When I say I didn't do much is when I look at the paper bang on the piano and do other things not worth mentioning. I went over to Bobby's to play kickball. Bobby and Matt were leading 17-6 when I went to eat. I then played a monopoly game which lasted a long time. He ahd alot of money and was beating me but then game went up and down. But after awhile I really had bad luck. I hit his most dangerous Monopoly twice and that was it. I didn't do too much and then I ate. I went to Bobby's and we did many things like block kicks, play kickball and run around. I got home at 9:00 and then Bobby came here and we caught fireflies we had ten fireflies but they wouldn't light up inside. I watched the Dodgers - Reds game. The score was 0-0 when I went to bed at 11:30

1 comment:

Peter Reigert said...

Thanks for visiting!
I'm glad someone is reading this site other than me.
To think that all those tales from the Summer of '78 have been gathering dust on my bookshelf.
Everything else has gone 70's retro so why not re-post from the decade of Plaid.