Monday, April 24, 2006

Desert Island Challenge



You get to take with you one of each of the following:

album: "Illinois" by Sufjan Stevens
book: "Blackboard Jungle" by Evan Brown
film: "Taxi Driver"
complete television series: Six feet Under

this "Illinois" album by Mr Stevens has blown my mind.

Track 3: "Come On! Feel The Illinoise!: Part I: The World's Columbian Exposition/Part II: Carl Sandburg Visits Me In A Dream "

The Sandburg part is incredible, I've never heard anything like it. The work of a musical genius and I do not throw out the term "genius" gratitously.

Track 4: "John Wayne Gacy, Jr. "

This song will send a chill down your spine. On Saturday morning I got my XM radio working and the first song I hear on my XM was "John Wayne Gacy, Jr. ". Oh my. I immediately ran downstairs to my Itunes and downloaded the whole "Illinois" album.

Needless to say, I'm hooked.

No comments: