Friday, February 17, 2006

Strange Daze



Tonight on the TeeVee they had a report of a swinger's club in Broad Ripple.
It's right in my 'hood not far from the defunct Saturn
What was funny is the interviews of two local businessmen who wanted the club shut down.

The first guy was from the Import Station where I'd been taking my Saturn to get fixed for the past 3 years. Before that he was fixing my Toyota Tercel. The owner objected to the beer bottles being strewn about the area.

The second interview was with the guy who sold me my kitchen flooring and bedroom carpet. He said he was a "good Christian man" and objected to the club in the vicinity.

Very strange, two back to back interviews with people I knew but when they showed the actual "business" in question I could not recognize the address. I've walked my dog down that street about 200 times in the past year but I drew a blank.

Defunct Saturn Update: I got a call from someone in Gary, IN and they told me they would come to pick up the car tomorrow around 9.

Stay tuned........

No comments: