Sunday, January 29, 2006

Pile on many more layers ....



I cannot stop the Frey bashing today, but I think I'm on to something.

Here is the NYT book review of "million little pieces of ..."


Step 13: Write a book

I haven't even finished it yet but I came upon this.

the film director Gus Van Sant has likened Frey's voice to those of Dave Eggers and David Foster Wallace


Whoa! David Foster Wallace, that literate titan who wrote perhaps the most tedious book ever: "The Broom of the System". I only got through the first 80 pages but I must say he was trying really hard to convince the reader about how clever he is.

Also we have Dave Eggers another 21st century wonder who either fictionalizes truth, or truth-a-lizes fiction. I can't remember which.

If Mr Frey follows in the line of these two greats it's no wonder he's a bestseller.

Of course if I could only channel some of my "Page-rage" into finishing my half written story I too could become one of the "greats". just joking, really...

In another news we are working on putting new lights in our kitchen. We had some friends over helping and we finally got the ceiling fan after much effort. I don't know why we had trouble getting it right but he had to build it and tear it down again before getting it installed.

No comments: