Sunday, January 08, 2006

The Pebble and the Road



so this morning I'm watching TV. After about 45 minutes of C-Span I had my infoFill and switched over to watching the 3 Stooges on another channel. Suddenly the sound goes out. I check other channels and notice that the sound is static on every channel except for WTHR which comes in crystal clear.

I call the cable company and about 8 hours later decide to grab a TV out of the basement and test it. The basement TV (about 1/4th the size of our main one) works fine.

So I now have a 36 inch monster TV in my living room that only receives audio from WTHR.

Arrggggh.

I got the TV free about 5 years ago and have been paying for it ever since. About two years ago I ended up shelling out $200 to fix a $5 part because the service center had to swing by pick up the chassis and drop it off in addition to labor charges back at the shop.

It's also a huge pain in the ass to move. I'm reminded of this as I contemplate shucking the piece out on the street.

Now how am I supposed to watch all those newly released Rockford Files DVDs without a S-Video ready TV?

It just reminds me of the expression "It's not the trail that wears you out, it's the pebble in your shoe."

No comments: