Thursday, October 06, 2005

went to lunch today.

Grabbed 3 bialys and some cream cheese from the Bagel Store in Nora Plaza.

Went back to 91st and the Monon Parking lot to munch them down and monitor the AM radio airwaves.

I saw a big city crew pull up with a chipper, tree trimming equipment and about 6 men.

I couldn't figure out what they were doing until I came back from my walk and saw them clear all the brush around the north side of 91st street. I also saw bunches of flowers and plants at various points around the intersection. I rembered the fatal accident there about 2 weeks ago when I woman going down the trail at night fell of her bike and was hit by a car.

The city was clearing that part of the trail to improve visibility out to 91st street.

It was a bit odd to see the workers and figure out about 20 minutes later what they were doing.

Listening to "Death Cab for Cutie" on my Itunes now. these guys rock

I'd never have heard of them were it not for my downloading of soundtracks from Itunes and venturing out and getting other material by the group.

No comments: