Saturday, October 01, 2005

comment left on a blog

I for one will be looking forward to "eastern style" DST.

I'm looking forward to many pleasant bike rides and dog walks next spring past 8pm.

I think it's ridiculous to get off work in September at a reasonable hour and come home to darkness.

I'm also tired of having to adjust data synchs and processes twice a year because for 6 months are on the same time as a production servers and for another 6 months we are behind. Just when I get used to being a hour behind we go through another adjustment.

I won't try to tag an actual dollar amount to the inconvenience of not having DST but it makes a difference. The way people outside of Indiana view our quirky ways is a perception but perception is reality and reality fuels business decisions.

As Henry Ford once said:

"Businessmen go down with their businesses because they like the old way so well they cannot bring themselves to change. One sees them all about - men who do not know that yesterday is past, and who woke up this morning with last year's ideas."

jck

No comments: