Sunday, July 02, 2006

Say Yes to Michigan



thanks for the directions. Though I negelected to check construction updates. For your reference last 5 miles of M-14 to Plymouth down to one lane. Also I-696 is one lane between Dequindre and Mound.

Still, no problemo as it was Saturday and traffic was light.

The wedding was cool a Quaker wedding held under a Maple tree. Never done the Quaker thing but was nice. My friend's Mom is from Iraq so after ceremony we signed wedding certifcate that was half written in Arabic. He had a bunch of relatives there who spoke Arabic. There was some ululating at the ceremony.


Back to the hotel for beers and to shoot some pool. Dropped some old school beats.

Sunday morning I-94 down to I-75, exit Jefferson. Brief foray into downtown area past Compuware HQ. Up Woodward and noticed a huge crowd of people. Tigers game is gearing up. Up Woodward a little further past B Karmanos breast cancer center. Drive-by through Brush Park which I recognized from the ruins of Detroit Website (ha! ha!) But alas, redevelopment is going on. People rehabbing homes in Brush Park, new townhomes next to Comerica Park.

Wind our way back to I-94 somehow, not well marked route. Back on I-94 over the River Rouge past two sets of blue bridges that had strange geometry.

Alas back home in Indiana.

No comments: