Friday, July 15, 2005

Once again, on the IndyScribe tip

Here's a comment I posted to a recent submission

I guess I'm a "reacter" or is it "reactor"

I can't do anything until I see something I have to respond to.

If only I could get this strategy to get me to finish my short story.


Indy Scribe

"I know the wall well. It's not that far from my house.

One of my favorite quotes was "Don't Fall, Prey."

The College Ave "mini-riot" you refer to occurred duing the summer of '95. I remember the date because it was the same year a disturbance broke out at Deer Creek when deadheads stormed the fences at the concert facility when they couldn't get tickets. Jerry Garcia died about a month later.

The whole deal was weird. The Spring before the riot, I remember reading about the agressive tactics of the Indianapolis Police Department in the New York Times. Not a word of this program was mentioned in the Star. Once the disturbance happened the intense police presence was brought to light here locally.

so much for zero tolerance policies..."

No comments: