Tuesday, September 21, 2004

a great movie

"Lost in Translation"

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0335266/

I rented it and saw it twice last week. The picture was amazing, it really made me think about a lot of things.

It's one of those ambient movies where the pacing is slow and you have to let the atmosphere tell the story. Also there aren't many characters aside from the leads but Japan itself is a character and serves as a metaphor for alientation and disconnected feelings.

I'm going to order the soundtrack online. I tried to find it at Target, attempted to download it from Itunes but no go. I don't even know of a dedicated record store in the Indianapolis area.
I could go to Barnes and Noble but I never have much luck finding stuff there.

I keep on listening to the song "Sometimes" from the group "My Bloody Valentine" that is from the movie.


No comments: