Wednesday, July 07, 2004

reading an old Article in the Atlantic Monthly about Robert Moses, the man who was the driving force between many of the bridges, tunnels, parks and parkways in the New York area. When I was growing up in Niagara Falls, NY we lived right off of the Robert Moses Parkway and that was the first limited access highway I became aquainted with.

Ironically Robert Moses never drove a car, I don't believe he ever had a drivers license.
The man who designed all these highways never himself drove down them.

I'd like to list these improbable occupations I've run across in my life:

I had a roofer once who lived on the first floor of a 5 story apartment building.

A mortage broker who rented an apartment.

I tried to think of some hypothetical ones:

A dentist with no teeth

A teetotaler that runs a bar

..list to be continued...

No comments: