Friday, June 11, 2004

time to blog and blog again.

It's been an 80's kind of week with all Ronald Reagan tribute going on. It almost makes me want to go to Itunes and download Phil Collin's "No Jacket Required", head out to the nearest fern bar/comedy club for a few wine coolers before heading home to watch the latest episode of "Miami Vice" faithfully recorded on my Sony Betamax.

I did a little research on remaining living US Presidents and their ages: (ranked by age)

Gerald Ford: Born: July 14, 1913 in Omaha, Nebraska (90 years old)

George H.W. Bush: Born: June 12, 1924 in Milton, Massachusetts (79 years old) ; birthday is tomorrow

James Carter: Born: October 1, 1924 in Plains, Georgia (79 years old)

Bill Clinton: Born: August 19, 1946, in Hope, Arkansas (57 years old)

I just wonder if all of these men will request state funerals when they pass. What will the coverage of the Gerald Ford funeral be like? Will the casket slip off the hearse?

My old Church

From 1969- 1975 my father was the minister of this church

Riverside Church in Niagara Falls

My father is mentioned in the church history found here

We left Niagara Falls shortly before my 8th birthday. I don't remember much but in the summer after church they'd have a coffee hour with lots of punch and cookies and running around in my Sunday best at such events. Looking at photos of the church on the website it looks like they put in addition right in the middle of the area where these receptions took place. As Dr Suess once said "Oh, the places you will go."

Niagara Falls is where is first heard of a TV show called "Star Trek". The show had been off the air for several years but was in syndication and on practically every night throughout the 1970's. I was a bit confused initially thinking that the show was called "Star Track" and imagined some tie in between cho-cho trains and outer space. The first episode I ever saw was when Kirk and Spock travel back through time to the 1930's United States and somehow Kirk hooks up with this woman who is anti-war and if she had lived would have led to a Nazi victory World War II or something like that. Here's the episode:

city on the edge of forever

No comments: